Main responsibilities will include, ensuring Care staffs personal and electronic files are up-to-date and accurate, provide support and assistance to care workers, assigning Care Workers to Service Users on a permanent basis, ensuring that holiday/sickness and emergency calls are assigned in a timely manner, liaising with and providing support to Field Care Supervisors, Responsible for all data input relevant to post, ensuring that all Service User’s paper and electronic records are kept up-to-date and accurate and attending care calls as and when business needs dictates.
Other duties includes:
- To ensure care plans and risk assessment are updated on a regular basis in line with internal policy.
- Implementing and monitoring all relevant aspect of the electronic call monitoring system.
- Assessing, negotiating and deciding on the feasibility of new cases from any contracting source.
- To discuss and negotiate with service users and/or relevant advocate/agencies. Any situation regarding service user and Blue Ocean care agency.
- Attending meetings, drawing up rotas to ensure the needs of all care plans are met. And to ensure that care staffs receives their rotas in a reasonable and agreed time.
- To carry out appropriate and authorised investigations into complaints or incidents arising from the provision of care
- To deputise as required in the absence of the manager
- To carry out on-call duties, overnight and at weekends on a rota basis as determined by management. When on on-call, provide telephone support and assistance to care workers and service users and to be available to be called out as necessary.
- To work flexibly as required by the needs of the service
- To carry out direct observation and spot check on care staffs and implement any actions arising from these checks. Ensure checks are recorded.
- To assist with planning and organising staffs recruitment.
- To organise and attend service user reviews; including reviewing and updating of needs assessments, care/support plan and risk assessment documents.
- To liaise closely with colleagues and other care professionals
- To engage in the interviewing of care staffs and to assess care workers against skills for care common induction standards during shadowing.
- This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties
- Must have NVQ L3 or equivalent
- Experience of service provision in the care industry
- Experience of supervisory management in the care industry
- Good report writing skills
- Good computer skills
- Good verbal and writing communication skills
- Full driving licence