Recruitment & Professional Training
A summary of all Social and Health Care Mandatory training are covered during blue Ocean initial induction sessions for new joiners. Subsequently, some formal classroom and practical training sessions providing more in-depth information will be attended.
All mandatory training will be covered during induction sessions. Some formal training sessions providing more in-depth information will be attended and certification given on successful completion in accordance with standards 1-10 of the National Minimum Standards as listed below:
- The roles of the Healthcare Support Worker and Adult Social Care Worker
- Your personal development
- Effective communication
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Duty of care
- Person-centered care and support
- Health and safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Competence Based Development (CBD):
- Essential to the delivery of all services are qualified management and specialized support personnel.
- We have support personnel with minimum of NVQ level 2, and we assist them with continuous professional development to build up and upgrade their skills to NVQ3-NVQ5 accordingly.
- We ensure our staff have minimum cognate experience of twelve (12) months at recruitment,
- We invest and implement a training matrix for workers deployment for specialized conditions not limited to sensory impairment (deaf, dumb & blind), paraplegia, aggression, conflict and adult abuse etc.
- We deliver services with staff who are put on Blue Ocean Services competence assurance based development programs to ensure we are up-to-date in the industry