What We Do – Core Services
Our services cater for the following areas:
- – Personal Care
- – Domestic Support
- – Social Care
- – Financial Care ( especially ISF management) and banking assistance.
- – Hobbies
- – Rehabilitation
Personal Care and Support Services including, but not limited to:
- Support getting up,washing or showering
- Getting Undressed or dressing up
- Support getting ready for bed
- Having a bath or shower
- Support with incontinence care
- Assistance with eating/drinking
- Providing medication prompts
- Support with grooming skin and hair
- Emptying commodes
Domestic Care and Support Services including, but not limited to:
- Supporting people to stay safe
- Shopping Services
- Light housework (chores)
- Laundry and Ironing Services
- Support with making beds and linen change
- Assisting with meal and drink preparation
- Taking out the rubbish
- Making / Changing the Bed
- Laundry /Ironing
- Washing up
- Cleaning toilet and bathroom
- Assist with safe use of heating equipment and control of fires
- One-off cleaning tasks (e.g. blitz or spring cleaning etc)
- Assistance with Maintaining Social Contact
- Assistance with Making Appointments
- Assistance with Attending Clubs/Day Centres
- Keeping in touch with family and friends
Financial Care and Support
- Assistance with Budget Planning
- Assistance with correspondences
- Assistance with use of telephone
- Assistance with ways to paying bills
Our staff are trained in prompting service user to engage in certain activities/ hobbies if need be to keep them active and help them feel relaxed.
Some things our staff can support with include:
- Pottery Classes
- Movie Going
- Casual Shopping
- Day Centre Events
- Normal Household Tasks
- Walks in the park
- Visiting Family & friends
- Maintaining your personal affairs is a big part of an independent lifestyle.
- Whether you need help collecting your pension and paying your bills, or assistance in shopping
- or attending family events, our team can give you all the help and support you need
- We are committed to helping you keep up-to-date with all your paperwork.
- Why struggle in the kitchen when you can have a key support worker to prepare and sever a meal tailored to your own needs, be it breakfast, lunch, tea and supper?
- Our staff prepare homemade meals in the comfort of your own home.
- All our staff are fully trained in health and hygiene needs and an up to date food safety requirements.
Our senior staff work with your existing healthcare professional to ensure your medication is managed in an appropriate manner. Our background within the Social and Health Care Industry puts Blue Ocean Domiciliary Care Service in a unique position to be able to fully manage and understand your medication needs.
We assist in:
- Prompting to take medication
- Supervising the taking of oral medication and topical application
- Proper storage of medicines and safe keeping.
- Observing, logging and reporting progress and effects of medication
Companionship Services including, but not limited to:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Assisting with hobbies and crafts
- Support with leisure activities
- Assisting when visiting neighbours or friends
- Support when reading
- Escorting to meet appointments
Night Care Services:
We recognize that our clients may need attention in the night. We offer waking and sitting services while other members of the family have their night rest. Our team of care and support staff are able to stay within the home during the night. Depending on the needs of the service user, we able are able to provide a ‘Waking Night’ service (worker remains awake through the night) or ‘Sleep in’ service (worker sleeps throughout the night but is available whenever support is needed).
Waking services are ideal when you require more help during the night and we have support staff to assist you.